World’s Top Five Agricultural Machinery Giants
This article sheds light on this phenomenon and explores the profiles of the five major global players in the agricultural machinery industry.
The Top Five Giants:
- John Deere (USA)
- CNH Industrial (USA)
- AGCO Corporation (USA)
- Kubota Corporation (Japan)
- CLAAS Group (Germany)
I. John Deere (USA)
- Founded by John Deere in 1837, boasting a history of 184 years. A global powerhouse in engineering and agricultural machinery.
- By 2017, total assets reached $65.786 billion, a Fortune Global 500 company, firmly establishing it as the world’s largest agricultural machinery company.
- A major supplier of advanced products and services in construction, turf care, landscaping, and irrigation sectors.
- Produces heavy equipment engines, diesel engines, and other industrial power equipment while offering related products and services.
- Prior to 2015, more than 90% of China’s cotton picking machine market was dominated by foreign companies, with John Deere holding a significant share, making it the leader in the Chinese market for many years.
II. CNH Industrial (USA)
- With over 170 years of international development history and nearly a century of establishment in China, CNH is one of the world’s largest agricultural machinery manufacturers.
- Products from CNH are distributed through 11,300 dealers to over 170 countries and regions, generating an annual revenue of over $19 billion.
- One of the earliest foreign companies to introduce tractors and establish service branches in China.
- The company ranks among the world’s top for tractor, combine harvester, and forage harvester sales.
- Offers grape and sugarcane harvesters along with a range of forage machinery to meet diverse agricultural production needs, providing a comprehensive product line.
III. AGCO Corporation (USA)
- Established in 1990, AGCO is the third-largest global agricultural machinery giant.
- A Fortune 500 company with a presence in over 100 countries and regions.
- Houses several world-renowned brands, including Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra, among others.
- Holds the top market share for tractors and Fendt tractors in Northern Europe and is the second best-selling brand in South America.
- Customized production systems ensure each tractor is tailored to specific user needs.
- Annual production includes approximately 18,000 high-power tractors and 27,000 diesel engines, with products distributed in over 100 countries and regions.
IV. Kubota Corporation (Japan)
- Established in 1890, Kubota is Japan’s largest agricultural machinery manufacturer.
- Operates 158 subsidiaries and 18 associated companies.
- Its global tractor production exceeded 4 million units, ranking 547th on the Forbes Global 2000 list in 2018.
- Offers a broad range of products in agriculture, construction, and sewage treatment sectors.
- Leaders in agricultural machinery, small construction machinery, small diesel engines, and cast iron pipes.
- Renowned for its rice harvesters, holding a legendary status in the Chinese market.
V. CLAAS Group (Germany)
- Founded in 1913, CLAAS is a renowned global manufacturer of agricultural and livestock machinery, earning the title of “harvesting expert.”
- One of the world’s top agricultural machinery and farm equipment manufacturers.
- Operates five production sites in Germany and five outside Germany.
- The CLAAS combine harvester boasts over 400,000 units produced, with one in every three combine harvesters in Europe originating from CLAAS.
- Product range includes combine harvesters, self-propelled forage harvesters, sugarcane harvesters, agricultural transport machinery, tractors, and mowers.
Conclusion: Although China’s absence from the list of the world’s top five agricultural machinery giants is notable, the global industry remains dominated by prominent companies that have shaped the landscape of modern agriculture. The evolution of agricultural machinery will continue to play a crucial role in increasing global agricultural productivity and meeting the demands of an ever-growing population.
Disclaimer: This article contains information from various sources on the internet. In case of copyright infringement, please contact us for removal.